Microwave ovens are one of the biggest appliances that can be found in every modern kitchen today. Apart from housewives, microwaves are used by almost anyone in the family to quickly reheat food or just to boil some water to make coffee. Although it offers one of the popular ways of re-heating and cooking food, these can be easily damaged if not taken care of properly. This article talks about some of the tips that can help you take care of your microwave oven.
1. If you have a baby in the family, do not use the microwave to heat baby bottles. Moreover, you should also not use the microwave for deep-frying because these applications do not allow sufficient temperature control to provide safe results lg stove and oven repair pasadena.
2. If you are making popcorn in the microwave, be sure to stay near the microwave and keep the temperature and time as per instructions. Excess heat build up in the microwave oven can cause a fire.
3. There are special types of microwavable containers available that must be used when microwaving. Do not use utensils that are not suitable for microwave use. There are certain types of plastic containers that easily melt with hot food and causes migration of package constituents. If you are re-heating fatty foods, it is a good idea to use glass utensils, but keep in mind that not all glass utensils are microwave-safe.
4. If there is any kind of leakage from the microwave, contact a servicing firm or the manufacturer.
Leakages of any kind can be quite dangerous and can cause electrocution.
5. Have your microwave repaired if you see any signs of rusts inside.
6. Read the instruction manual carefully. Be sure that you are only using items which are microwave-safe. If the manual warns against using empty vessels inside the oven, do not do so as this can damage your appliance.
7. Use mild detergent and warm water to clean the doors and the outer edges. Scouring pads and other types of abrasives are not suitable for cleaning microwave ovens.
8. Keep small children out of reach of the microwave. If children are making use of the oven, make sure that they do so safely and with care.
9. Avoid using metal dishes and aluminum foils for cooking inside the microwave as these reflect the microwaves and does not result in even cooking.